Sunday, November 13, 2011

New WIP

To tell you the truth this piece is not so new. I started working on it in September, as you could have guess by the text in the drawing. I was at my parent's country house in Italy and it was the first day I had some free time (as I discovered later, it was also my last one! ;)). I told myself I could not waste such a nice opportunity to use the tools and paper I had carried with me from the other side of the ocean. So, I set down, started thinking...and nothing came to me! For some reasons, when I am back home I am utterly uninspired, which is ridiculous, considering that the beauty of the land and the amazing architectural masterpieces should open my mind and provide new ideas at every corner...Anyways, after a while I decided to give up and have a look at some old magazines I found in a pile under a chest of drawers (don't ask...). On the back of one of them there was this advertisement for Cheap and Chic by Moschino that caught my eyes. It was a photo of a long haired girl elegantly seated with her face almost completely covered by a an Olive Oyl mask. Some of you might remember it. The grace of the pose made me want to try and reproduce it on paper. This is how September Harvest was born.

There is still quite a lot of work to do here, but maybe I'll be able to finish before the end of next week.Gotta run and use what remains of this Sunday to advance as much as I can. I had lots of outdoor activities planned out for the weekend, but I got sick with a very annoying cold, so I am trapped in the house with nothing better to do than drawing (which is not too bad, after all...);)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness look at allthat detail! The ivy around the border is phenomenal! everything is so wonderfully drawn... can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of difficult to tell, but it's actually a mixture of fig leaves at the top and grape vines at the sides. ;) No worries, you are not the only one who got confused! Maybe with colors things will be clearer...

    ReplyDelete