Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Victoria


Here is my entry for the Popovy Sisters contest. You know that I have a weak spot for art dolls. Last year I discovered these Russian artists, whose production is very interesting and captivating. This year they launched an illustration contest I thought to give it a try. 

This has been inspired from their latest line, called Royals, which is based on the game of chess. Here is victorious white queen, regal and ferocious, beautiful and deadly. You can also look at it as the price of power or the horrors of war...I know, it's unusually gruesome for me, but every once in a while it's fun to change tone.

Back to my regular children works, now.

1 comment:

  1. fabulous
    such a striking piece Astera
    and so interesting that it made me pause to consider what it was about before i read your post
    what a great piece for dolls
    but it looks like it could have other themes as well
    i sense you have a very good chance in the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete