Thursday, March 19, 2015

VIta- Enchanted Doll Contest 2015

Leo is here! He was born at the end of February. He is a lovely and healthy boy. I am so very happy!
Right before his birth I made this drawing for the Enchanted Doll Contest 2015.



Introducing Vita. Her tattoo shows the unfolding of life through the intermixed symboligies of the Moirae myth and of the changing seasons. Clotho is the spinster that generates the thread of life, Lachesis defines the lengths of the thread, while Atropos cuts it. As winter’s snow falls to cover with silence the dead, there is hope for the future, in the form of seeds that fall on the ground, a promise of rebirth and renewal in the generations to come.
The project could be expanded with the depiction of three embracing female figures of different ages on the back of the doll. These would represent both the different phases of a woman’s life and the joys of motherhood (and grand-motherhood)."
Clearly, my pregnancy affected my choice of topic! :)
I did not win this year, but I enjoyed working on this very much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Leo is here! I am so happy for you and your family! Wishing you a lifetime of family joy, health, happiness and wealth.

    This is such an amazing piece and more so with the story. Such an original way of expressing this mythology. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete