Monday, April 25, 2011

A theater for Pit

My sister in law is preparing a little theater for her son, my nephew and the sweetest child in the world...(love you Pit!). She has proposed a collaboration where I'll be in charge of designing panels for the gates of the theater, curtains, and other decorations.
On the left, you can see  the preliminary design (she chose the second possible arrangement):

I've started working on the the drawing for the first panel. It's a classical forest scene with three little siblings encountering a dryad in a clearing. There is still a lot of work to do I don't know how much you'll be able to see in these pictures, but I thought I'd show you. I tried to bring the picture alive with lots of detail that might attract a child attention and excite his/her imagination. As for the story behind the characters, it's still very undetermined...maybe I'll think about it, or maybe Pit will come up with it one day...;)



Hopefully, soon I'll finish inking this...

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful, it's really lovely, I imagine how happy he will be ! It also seem it will be quite big isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Isadora! Well, it's not huge but big enough to be able to use for actual mini-plays with marionette (and paper dolls and maybe even EDs? ;)). Now I have to color the first panel...the part that always scares me the most! ;)

    ReplyDelete