Thursday, March 28, 2013

Work in progress: Two Cherries

I am making a gift for my mother in law and of course it's all about her beloved grandchildren.
This is my first approach to the project.
I started this when she came to visit us last month but came to a stop because of different problems:

1) The eyes of Bella are a bit off center and uneven.
2) The shape of the cherries, albeit rather consistent with their natural appearance, looks wrong.
3) When I started coloring the cherries, I got carried away by the dark red tones. The drawing was loosing the dreamy quality I was hoping to convey in it.

Painful as it was (I rather liked the leaf, although it's too small compared to the fruits), I opted to start over.

I think that, in the long run, this choice is paying off. Today I am finishing the new drawing and will show it to you tomorrow.

Be well everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment