Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Botanical Garden and another progress report

On saturday we visited theBotanical Garden. That's one of my favorite place to spend the day. The flowers are always so colorful and inviting, even during fall and there are so many fun activities for children. Bella has started appreciating the hay maze, pumpkin mountain and water fountains too. She had a blast running in the fields and looking at the fruit a vegetable gardens, laden with yummy produce. We took many pictures, as always...I am always scouting for references. I have a good library now and I should start using it for some art.



Meanwhile, I progressed a bit more in the coloring of the Gingerbread house. Here is a balance of Brick white, Barely beige, Tan, Dull Ivory for the walls of the building. All of these are Copic markers. While large areas turn our rather better in Prismacolors than in Copics, when it comes to details and front/prominent characters/elements, I still trust more Copics, possibly because I have more experience using them. I need to do something to make the cream of the cannoli fluffier...probably in post-production with pastels..

6 comments:

  1. That is my favorite color ♥
    Well, happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful water lilies!
    once i sat and watched a water lily open, it took about an hour
    it was so slow that i could barely discern it's movement, a beautiful meditation.

    i am quite enjoying seeing the stages of your charming painting come to life. thank you for sharing the stages!

    my grandson was born today! such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's marvelous! I have been congratulating you for a while, but this is finally the right time! How does it feel to be a grandma? I hear it's an infusion of energy and happiness like nothing else. :)

      Delete
  3. Your house is coming very delissious, yam yam...
    Greetings from Finland, Uuna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I hope there is a pot of chamomile somewhere in the vicinity, in case the children exaggerated with the dessert party! :)

      Delete