Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Inks for the Pan and friends

Last year, my sister in law suggested I made a painting for the kids based on Peter Pan. I promised I would do it before going to Italy in September, but well...that didn't really happen. One year later I am finally keeping my word and having a lot of fun with this little project.

The kids are floating somewhat above both Savona (Italy, where my family lives) and Chicago. Even if they are separated most of the time, they can imagine to be and play together. Although they have met for only very short periods of time, they love and miss each other. So it's nice to have them united at least on paper.

1 comment:

  1. oh how wonderful! my goodness such a charming piece. You have taken an age old fairytale and made it personal. I love this. Plus all the body stances are not easy to portray and they look so well done and as though they truly are floating and flying. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete